SEMI PERMANENT EYELASH EXTENSIONS
FRAME THE WINDOWS TO THE SOUL
Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions are taking the beauty industry by storm and it isn't difficult to see why. Long luscious lashes can be a reality for everyone!
A single eyelash extension is bonded to one of your own eyelashes adding length and thickness, giving you a beautiful flutter without the need for mascara!.
A first full set can take up to 2 hours, regular maintenance appointments are recommended every 2 weeks to keep your lashes looking fabulous!
At Golden Girls we also offer a little extra luxury with your treatment, We use Q10 Anti Wrinkle Gel Patches to Help reduce fine lines & wrinkles, smooth and hydrate the eye area.
3D VOLUME LASHES
All the beauty of volume lashes without committing to a 6 hour lash appointment! Beautifully delicate handmade fans of ultra light lashes to give you the fluffy effect of volume lashes in half of the time. These are still semi-permanent lashes and require regular maintenance appointments to keep your lashes looking beautiful and full.
PARTY (or cluster) LASHES
These are perfect for those who want a little extra vavavoom but don't want to commit to semi permanent extensions. Little bulbs of 5-10 lashes placed along your lash line with a clear temporary glue. Typically lasting up to 7 days.
Does it hurt?
Absolutely not! if you have not had extensions applied before it can seem a bit daunting, but there is nothing to worry about. Most people find it very relaxing, and can even fall asleep. Please note that you will be required to keep your eyes closed for up to 2 hours on an initial appointment.
Can I still wear eye make up?
Yes, you can still wear eye makeup as normal, although you will find you will no longer need to wear mascara. If you want to wear mascara used a water soluble brand & remove with a non oil based remover. Please note that using mascara can weaken the bonds of your eyelash extensions.
Can I still go swimming / exercise as normal?
Yes, although you must avoid getting your eyelashes wet for the first 24 hours to allow the bonds to set fully. Avoid swimming, sauna's & steam rooms etc for the first 48 hours.
What are the difference between Individual Extensions & Cluster Extensions?
Individual extensions are bonded to a single lash, hence the time it takes to complete. Cluster extensions /party lashes are a group of 5-10 extensions bonded together, which are then glued to your own eyelashes.
Do Eyelash Extensions Ruin My own Eyelashes?
With the correct application & aftercare Extensions will NOT ruin your own lashes or make them fall out. This is why it is very important to go to a trained professional. Due to our own eyelash cycle, we lose eyelashes everyday, if you have eyelash extensions this is more noticeable as they are thicker & darker than your natural lash. Picking, pulling, rubbing or not looking after your extensions will have an effect on their longevity & the condition of your natural lashes underneath.
How do I remove my Eyelash Extensions?
Please do not be tempted to pick or pull your extensions off, you will damage your natural lash underneath. Golden Girls offers a removal service which is harmless to the natural lash.
Are Eyelash Extensions suitable for people who wear glasses / contacts?
Yes, although any eye wear will need to be removed during the treatment.
How do I look after my eyelash extensions?
- For the first 24 hours avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the glue to dry completely
- Do not use a steam room or sauna for the first 48 hours to allow glue to cure
- Be gentle and respect your new lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes and do not pick and play with your lashes
- Resist the temptation to touch or pull at your stunning new lashes as this will pull out your own natural lashes
- Avoid getting them caught on clothes and towels
- When drying your face do not rub instead blot your face and apply a gently pressure to your closed eyes then allow the extensions to dry naturally. Don't try to dry them with the towel or hair dryer.
- Do not perm or curl the extensions using a clamp eyelash curler
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products such as petroleum
- Do keep the eye area clean. This is very important. Some ladies love their lashes so much they don't even want to get them wet at all. Avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection whether wearing eyelash extensions or not
- Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow
- Please use the brush you are provided with to groom your extensions, helping them to keep their shape and not become crossed or tangled. This will be demonstrated at your appointment .